Wednesday 31 May 2017

RTC kits for the ST/E/FM







RTC kits for the ST/E/FM etc now in my store. Install doc was done by Jonathan Whiteside .

I've not had chance to write the install docs myself, or work out cables etc, so the kit is supplied without as I know people have been waiting for this kit for ages. So rather than waiting longer, its now available "as is".

Battery is also not included as there is so many problems with shipping batteries these days its just not worth the hassle. Its a common battery so everyone should be able to obtain it easily anyway.

The kit is pretty expensive due to the higher price of the RTC IC itself. The price of the kit will likely rise a fraction if I ever get around to sorting cables out for the kit. Though it depends on demand if these kits get produced again or not anyway.
Install page

2 comments:

  1. This is essentially a reverse engineered Forgetmeclock II, please read all of the docs, I spent a lot of time working with Chris and others on this, but as Chris states, it is 'As is'. I've been running the one in the photo for some time with no issues, and a proto board version in another machine, so I know they work. Read and understand the options and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea that, it's the simply things that make life easier :p
    I can recall a time when ram card add on boxes would have stickers all over them "comes with clock!" at that time I thought what's the point of that, now I get it :p

    ReplyDelete