Tuesday 20 June 2017

GEMBENCH 6 BUILD 26 RELEASED


Not a huge update. Though I noticed that after about loop 60 GB6 would crash :(  It took ages to track down this issue!

Turns out the HiSoft Basic "WINDOW READ" function somehow crashed after 1,000 calls.  This was a function to convert a Window ID, to a AES ID.  I have no idea why, but something screws up after 1,000 calls and causes GB6 to bomb out to the desktop

Thankfully after some investigation, I found a OS call which did the same (and more in fact) so the problem was finally fixed :)



I had to test using STEEM on fast forward (which was going for some hours!) Though rather than crashing at loop 60, I got it to well over the figure.  This probably equates to running all week on a stock ST, so good enough for me :)

GB6 HOME
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/GB6/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment