Monday 19 June 2017

NEW 1MB SIMMS UNDER TESTING

I mentioned in THIS post about my new production of 30 pin simms. Now I am finally getting to build them up and test them on the machine above.

I hacked up my previous test machine to test the SIPP version of the simms. Which means I was a machine down for testing actual simms.. Anyway..

As my prototype booster machine wasn't doing anything lately, I decided to use that one. This STE had a bodged in V1.5 booster and clocked at 32MHz.  Later this developed into the V1 STE booster.

This machine also has the new black DUAL TOS boards in case anyone is wondering what that board is (as mostly they have been blue). 

Quick eye people will wonder whats going on with the blitter. Well , I brought a huge stock of blitters a couple years ago and tested them all on that machine.  I had to hack in a ZIF test socket as the normal PLCC sockets would have likely broken. The ZIF socket was actually a couple mm to larger for the STE pads, so was some serious bending and bodgery to get it to fit. Though it works, and I tested like 200 blitters on that machine :)

The SIPP's are already on sale in my store. I hope these normal simms will start to appear over the coming days :)

30pin SIPP SIMMS.
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/#0098


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure there's loads more stuff to glue on that board yet :p

    Are you testing the simms at normal clock speeds or boosted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simms are stock speeds 70ns. No way to boost ST-RAM speeds on the STE :(

      Delete